Accredited Exercise Physiologist
About the Role:
Allsports Jindalee, a long established multi-disciplinary clinic with a strong client focus ethos, is seeking a motivated and driven AEP to join a vibrant team of enthusiastic therapists. The position has direct referral from 10 full time physiotherapists, a well established local GP network, dieticians and sports physicians.
The successful candidate must have a strong interest in exercise prescription, application and management, with a goal on achieving the best outcomes for all clients, and will demonstrate the following:
- Skills & knowledge to service a varied client base which includes DVA, EPC/chronic disease management, Work Cover, osteoarthritis & osteoporosis/falls prevention classes, adolescent athletic development squads in addition to general population.
- Excellent communication & time management abilities,
- Outstanding interpersonal capabilities to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of clients and allied health colleagues,
The role will initially be part time, with the opportunity to develop to full-time. Previous experience is highly regarded but not essential. New Graduates are welcome to apply.
At Allsports Jindalee we foster staff development and curiosity and encourage development into areas of personal interest. Therefore a Personal Development budget, outside of the extensive company PD, will also be provided.
About the Allsports Group:
Allsports has practices throughout South East Queensland and is a leading and inclusive organisation that offers an avenue for Exercise Physiologists to work in multidisciplinary environments in private practice settings.
As a part of the Healthia group, Allsports employees have access to a network of more than 700 Allied Health Professionals in over 45 locations across Australia. This exceptional team encourages a culture that fosters outstanding clinical care, educational opportunities, and career development of all staff. The group aspires to enable our staff to find their individual clinical personality and use your developed skills to be an asset to our dynamic team.
A supportive admin team, warm clinic atmosphere, and friendly colleagues make Allsports Jindalee a great place to work.
- Graduate from a minimum 4 years of study in an ESSA accredited course meeting the AQF requirements for Level 7 that leads to bachelor degree qualifications
- Meet the professional standards for exercise science, leading to accreditation as an Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES)*, including 140 hours of practical experience for the purpose of undertaking an exercise intervention to improve health and fitness, wellbeing or performance, or focus on prevention of chronic conditions
- Meet the professional standards for exercise physiology, including 360 hours of practical experience with clients with clinical conditions (eg. cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, musculoskeletal, neurological)
To apply for this position, please forward your resume (2 pages maximum) and a 1 page cover letter outlining your current experience and skills in relation to the points mentioned above in to: firstname.lastname@example.org