Developed by Pilates diploma-qualified and physiotherapists Lexi Garland and Stephanie McMurdy, this introductory course will provide attendees with an excellent base of knowledge of Pilates theory, principles and exercise techniques including cueing and clinical reasoning for the physiotherapy client population.
This course aims to introduce clinicians new to Clinical Pilates as to how to blend traditional Pilates methodology and repertoire with evidence-based practise and exercise guidelines to confidently use this modality within their rehabilitation sessions or clinical physiotherapy group classes within their clinic.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
- A broad base of Pilates exercise repertoire involving mat and reformer
- Clinical application of exercises
- Contraindications and indications for each exercise
- Precise cueing and observation skills for optimising the performance of each exercise
- Clinical case studies
- Ability to prescribe relevant and safe exercises to the rehab clientele
Who should attend?
New graduates or physiotherapists with minimal prior Pilates experience
Date & Times:
- Saturday 15 January, 2022 — 12:30 – 5:30pm
- Sunday 16 January, 2022 — 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Allsports Indooroopilly, 56B Coonan St, Indooroopilly
- $300 + GST
Presenter — Laura Boston
Laura graduated from the University of Queensland in 2005. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings including acute orthopaedics, inpatient rehabilitation, medical and surgical wards and maternity. Following this, she gained experience in the community. She then fell in love with Pilates in 2010 and has enjoyed it ever since. It has helped her through 2 pregnancies and in preparation for half marathons.
She has been fortunate to combine her clinical knowledge and love of Pilates in her work at Q Pilates. She is passionate about helping clients of all ages and abilities achieve their best health outcomes and personal goals through exercise.
Over the past 6 years, Laura has worked in several Q Pilates studios at Forest Lake, Indooroopilly and Jindalee but is now based solely at Indooroopilly Q Pilates.
Laura enjoys keeping active and family holidays and loves combining the two were possible for a runcation.
You can contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org