Your personal information will not be shared or disclosed to any party other than what is outlined in this Policy, nor will it be used for any other purpose than what it was originally intended.
What Information We Collect and How
- Date of birth
- Mailing and street address
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- Health fund details
- Medicare card number
- Medical history
- Occupation and employer
- Lifestyle and hobbies
- Bank and credit card details
- Details of products you have purchased both online and in person from our clinics; and
- Any information that relates to you, that you provide to us directly through our website, email, written letters and phone conversations.
We collect your personal information directly from you through the following methods
- New patient form
- Purchase over-the-counter or online products
- Online enquiry through our website
- Enquiry or complaint
- Incoming call list
- Enter a competition
We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as:
- Third party government agencies (like the Department of Veteran Affairs and Medicare)
- Private health insurers
- Solicitors, lawyers and worker’s compensation companies; and
- Medical professionals (such as general practitioners, allied health professionals, specialists etc)
Collecting, Keeping, Using and Disclosing Your Information
We collect personal information that is necessary in providing you with the best possible health care, as well as maintaining a high level of quality customer service. Further purposes for us in collecting personal information include;
- Sending communication to you about our products and services;
- To answer enquiries that you may have about our products and services;
- Respond to complaints and compliments you have made;
- To advise you of upcoming and or change of appointments;
- Advise you if a clinic will be closing down, merging or relocating;
- Contact you in the event we have received a special order;
- Update your records and keep your contact details current;
- Research, development and statistical analysis;
- To comply with any lawful regulations and ruling by governmental authority; and
- Provide a medico legal report to a third party
Healthia’s clinics may need to refer patients to a specialist for further care, this involves forwarding relevant personal information about you and your condition and will only be arranged with your consent.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We take appropriate security measures to keep your personal information protected, managed confidentially and securely and destroyed appropriately when no longer required. We will monitor and implement appropriate technical advances or management processes to safeguard personal information.
A confidentiality agreement is entered into by all employees at the time of their employment with us protecting the privacy of individuals, we view unauthorised disclosure as a serious breach of misconduct by our employees and / or contractors. If the disclosure of personal information is breached disciplinary or legal action will be taken.
We endeavour to keep your information relevant, accurate, complete and up to date. When you arrive for an appointment the receptionist at your clinic may request confirmation that your details have not changed. If you require your personal information to be updated please contact your clinic.
Patients and clients can request to have copies of their personal information, clinical notes, images and reports sent to them or a third party by contacting one of our centres to obtain a Release of Personal Information Consent Form. Your personal information will not be released unless a consent form has been signed, received and processed by the privacy.
We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes for which we have advised that we are collecting it, and for related purposes that you would reasonably expect
- Where we have the consent by you to do so
- As required by law, or
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act
If you have any questions or comments about the management of your personal information or want to opt out of receiving information from us, we can be contacted through:
PO Box 336
Wilston QLD 4051
T: (07) 3180 4900